[b-hebrew] Mashiach

sujata shevaroys at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 10 20:45:57 EDT 2006

Yonah,
  I am sorry  if that offended you, however, I was responding to your message where you freely used the name of Jesus. My email  was only about the  word "bear" and here it is again using only OT names.

  Mashiach is the divine plan and not a human doctor. Mashiach is  to bear  our sickness upon himself as stripes (Isaiah 53:4 Surely our diseases he did bear....53:5 and with his stripes we were healed).

 Note the usage of bear in Exodus 28:38 - Aaron bore the inquities upon his forehead.

Best,
Sujata

Yonah Mishael <yonahmishael at gmail.com> wrote:
  I think I've about had my personal fill of religious claims. I'm going
to pull out of this discussion and hope that we soon turn to grammar
and textual issues.

שלום

Yonah

On 9/9/06, sujata wrote:
> Jesus is the divine plan, not a human doctor. Jesus bore our sickness upon himself as stripes (Isaiah 53:5 and with his stripes we were healed).
>
> Note the usage of bear in Exodus 28:38 - Aaron bore the inquities upon his forehead.
>
> Best,
> Sujata
> Yonah Mishael> wrote:
>

> >YM: If he bore their sickness, then he would have become sick himself.This is simply more metaphorical language added to the mix of what we are already trying to clarify with normal language. I do not know how adding metaphor to metaphor helps us understand the text. Jesus did not "bear" sickness of any kind, even if he (supposedly) healed any sickness. There is a difference between bearing a sickness, which means that you suffer through it, and healing a sickness. Doctors do not "bear" the sickness of their patients.

Yonah Mishael ben Avraham
Joplin, MO
yonahmishael at gmail.com