[b-hebrew] Tanach book order - different in Christian Bibles

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Fri Sep 1 08:46:46 EDT 2006

In some cases, the different order results from Christian theological
considerations. For example, "upgrading" Daniel to the status of prophet.
Another example is that of the end of Malachi, foretelling the coming of
Elijah to bring word of the Lord's Great and Terrible Day, leading into
Matthew's annunciation (of course disregarding the Apocrypha). I refuse to
believe that this happened by chance.

Yigal Levin