[b-hebrew] Karl and others - question marks instead of something else???

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Nov 22 07:42:11 EST 2006

On 11/22/06, K Randolph wrote:
> I just sent a message in Hebrew and Chinese to a yahoo account, and
> when opened, the message was just gibberish. But when I told the
> browser (Safari) to encode in UTF-8, the message was clear. Camino
> (Firefox "carbonized" for Mac) did the same.

In Yahoo mail, I have a big purple box in the right side above the
message list in the Inbox folder that says "Switch to Yahoo! mail beta".
Clicking it takes you to a screen with a button that says "Try it now".
When I switch I can see the Hebrew letters without having to explicitly
change encoding.

Yitzhak Sapir