[b-hebrew] Prov 3:26 Your Confidence' (but I'm losing mine)

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Tue Nov 21 17:16:47 EST 2006

Chris:

>From whence cometh the "confidence"?

This is the closing verse in a passage that uses "throat" and "feet"
to refer to actions, so here it refers to "YHWH will be in your
intestines" where we find "intestines" sometimes used to refer to
strength, and sometimes as a symbol of perversity from its crooked
shape, context will tell which is the correct understanding. This is a
poetic way to say that YHWH will strengthen you, referring to why you
should not fear from the previous verse.

Karl W. Randolph.