[b-hebrew] Nun-Tav-Vet root

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Mon Nov 20 15:22:30 EST 2006

Chris:

This root is not found in Tanakh. The noun, נתיבה or נתיב refers to a
"way, direction one should go, (by)way"

Other words include ארח a way for travelers going from city to city,
דרך path, not for wagons, מסלה highway, an embanked road suitable for
wheeled traffic, מעגל cowpath (from עגל calf)? or rutted track (from
עגל circular)?  hard walkway (hardened by many people treading on it),
שׁוק city street, lined with shops.

Karl W. Randolph.