[b-hebrew] "Desire of Women" in Heb. Text of Dan. 11:37

Gary Hedrick garyh at cjfm.org
Sat Nov 18 15:56:12 EST 2006

	Peter, is it your contention that there are no legitimate
differences between the ways Hebrew and Greek writers (and thinkers) in
biblical times would have expressed themselves?  I don't think anyone here
is saying we agree entirely with Borman.  I was just saying that his thesis
is an interesting one and deserves thoughtful consideration.
	The formation and formulation of Christian thought in the milieu of
the 1C Middle Eastern culture is a subject of vigorous and ongoing debate.
Cambridge U. Press has published an interesting compendium of essays (Early
Christian Thought in its Jewish Context) dealing with some of these issues.
	Peter, the negative review you cited from Amazon.com says that
Borman took this position "to make a theological point."  Is this also your
concern?

Gary Hedrick
San Antonio, Texas USA