[b-hebrew] Gen 1 vs Gen 2

David Kummerow farmerjoeblo at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 15 01:36:24 EST 2006

Hi Steve,

I just saw your post and that it remains unanswered. Sorry I can't go
into a discussion of this due to time (and my involvement in another
thread!), but I am able to point you in the direction of where such
things are discussed. See:

Buth, Randall. 1994. “Methodological Collision Between Source Criticism
and Discourse Analysis: The Problem of ‘Unmarked Temporal Overlay’ and
the Pluperfect/Nonsequential wayyiqtol.” Pages 138-154 in Biblical
Hebrew and Discourse Linguistics. Edited by Robert D. Bergen. Dallas: SIL.

Collins, C. John. 1995. “The wayyiqtol as ‘Pluperfect’: When and Why.”
Tyndale Bulletin 46: 117-140.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
David Kummerow.