[b-hebrew] Aramaic books

cmeadows3 at verizon.net cmeadows3 at verizon.net
Sat Jun 10 18:32:13 EDT 2006

Hello all,

I've been doing some reading in Aramaic and was curious about available resources.

I have Alger Johns' book as well as Stevenson's little grammar.  I have thought about Rosenthal and Greenspahn - but each seems fairly pricey and neither has gotten good reviews from what I've been able to find on Amazon.com and other places.

Is there a grammar on Aramaic in general as opposed to only biblical Aramaic (which is such a small corpus) OR Talmudic Aramaic.  I realize there are many differences.

I have a pretty good handle on Hebrew so advanced level resources are OK.

Thanks!

Charles Meadows
Marshall University
USA