[b-hebrew] Job 2:4 Skin for Skin

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Tue Jan 24 08:45:27 EST 2006

@Alexander

Waltke & O'Conner says this about the use of B:`AD as

"the preposition also indicates interest or advantage, arising from the idea of protection for (for the benefit/sake or).

And they go on to say that this sense rarely entails an exchange commodity and they list this passage. p202.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net

From: Alexander Oldernes <alexander at oldernes.no>