[b-hebrew] Theophoric Name: Y:HOWYFQIYM

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Jan 8 23:08:01 EST 2006

QUOTE
Rolf, if you accept, as you seem to, that the theophoric prefix was
pronounced something like YEHO- with the vav as a vowel (and not for
example YEHAWA- with a consonantal vav), your arguments would seem to
imply that the vav in the full divine name is also a vowel. That would
in fact suggest that the full divine name is something like YEHO or
YAHU, with the final he as a redundant mater lectionis. This form would
also explain the variants YHW and YHH, with the redundancy removed.
END QUOTE

Now this is the only bisyllabic argument I've seen that holds any water
and worth definitely considering in a scholarly manner.
Although, the rather string argument about the psalms would seem to contradict.