[b-hebrew] MDBR vs. YSYMWN

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Mon Jan 2 08:40:35 EST 2006

Jack:

The distinction that I see is that a Y$YMWN is a desolated
place, while a MDBR is a place typified by thorns and
stingers. The latter is because MDBR as a word is related
to words meaning to sting, poke or injure with a sharp
object; bee (which has a stinger); thorn and pestilence.
Usually such places are also desolated, hence the two
terms can often describe the same places.

Karl W. Randolph.