[b-hebrew] Mashiach

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Wed Aug 30 17:51:51 EDT 2006

Dear Shoshanna,

Odd that you omitted Isaiah 45:1-13. That passage is a pretty good portrayal
of the job description of the Messiah, ????,    (o xristoj. He is to rebuild
Jerusalem and the temple, and set the exiles free (45:13).  That is why
Cyrus the Great receives that title in Isaiah 45:1.

Btw, meshach, ???, means "to smear".

Best,

Liz Fried

Ann Arbor