[b-hebrew] Lev 5:23 (Lev 6:4)

K Randolph kwrandolph at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 00:33:53 EDT 2006

Kelton:

This sounds like a rabbinic addition to the meaning. Of course a
heartfelt admission of guilt will lead to feelings of guilt, and
restitution, but I don't see the necessity of feelings in the meaning
of the word itself.

I can see this as a counter to people who may put on a real show
during Yom Kippur as to how they are so spiritual, while oppressing
their fellow men. But again, we are making a theological addition not
necessarily in the word itself.

Karl W. Randolph.