[b-hebrew] theophoric prefixes (YH~YHW)

Peter Kirk peter at qaya.org
Sun Aug 6 16:50:13 EDT 2006

On 06/08/2006 21:13, David P Donnelly wrote:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yahweh
> The link above takes you to the Wikipedia Article:Yahweh.
> Section 10 of this article is titled: “Yahweh and Theophoric names”.
> Three excerpts from scholarly sources are found in this section that
> C-L-A-I-M that the prefixes Yeho or Yo and the suffixes Yah or Yahu can
> readily be explained if the original pronunciation was “YaHWeH”.
> Of course it is possible that these three scholarly sources could be
> mistaken in what they claim.
> Dave Donnelly

Dave, in Wikipedia you might find a quote from three "scholarly sources"
which C-L-A-I-M that the world is round. "Of course it is possible that
these three scholarly sources could be mistaken in what they claim." But
I don't think you would be justified in writing this kind of message
trying to discredit these sources, unless of course you had some
evidence that they might be mistaken.

E-mail:  peter at qaya.org
Website: http://www.qaya.org/