[b-hebrew] theophoric prefixes (YH~YHW)

Alexander Oldernes alexander at oldernes.no
Sat Aug 5 08:28:12 EDT 2006

> the standalone Yah and the suffixed Yahu seems to
> conclusively prove and original 'a' in the first
> syllable.

"Yahu" is "Yah" + "hu"
Eliyah means "my God is Yah", while Eliyahu means "my God is Yah himself".

YH may be the first and the last letter of YHWH - then it would prove an 'a'
in the last syllable.
That make sense because when the three first letters are used in theophoric
names, they are written "Yeho".

Alexander Oldernes
Norway