[b-hebrew] Isa 55:5

Van Parunak van at parunak.com
Mon Apr 10 11:58:37 EDT 2006

The Westminster 4.0 DB in both BW7 and the latest Logos read the
suffix as masculine, which certainly is most consistent with the
other suffixes and verbal forms in the verse.

On the comparison between BW7 and Logos, you might be interested in
my review of BW6 and Logos at
http://www.cyber-chapel.org/reviews/LibBwkDec2004.pdf . (The earlier
review referenced there is available at
http://www.cyber-chapel.org/reviews/Baseline.pdf .) Logos is the
clear leader in digital library functionality (replacing a shelf of
books about the Bible with a computer), but for linguistic work in
the biblical text itself, BibleWorks is far preferable. BW7 only
improves over the excellent analytical capabilities of BW6. In
addition, in terms of the ability to map lexical forms between LXX
and MT, its new implementation of the Tov interlinear LXX/MT is by
far the best currently on the market (next is Accordance, and third
is the recently released version for Logos).

Van Parunak

At 12:00 PM 4/8/2006, Lisbeth Fried wrote:
>Message: 1
>Date: Fri, 7 Apr 2006 16:59:37 -0400
>From: "Lisbeth S. Fried" <lizfried at umich.edu>
>Subject: Re: [b-hebrew] Isaiah 55:5
>To: "'Jerry Shepherd'" <jerry.shepherd at taylor-edu.ca>
>Cc: b-hebrew at lists.ibiblio.org
>
>I have Watts' second edition (a fabulous book, I might add). He interprets
>the pronoun suffix of the last noun as fem. sg, the "you" being Jerusalem.
>I have BW 7, but haven't installed it yet. I don't have Logos, so can't
>compare.
>Liz Fried

***Note new company name--same colleagues and projects, new
organization. www.newvectors.net has more information. Please change
pointers to my homepage. My email stays the same for the moment...***

Dr. H. Van Dyke Parunak, Chief Scientist, NewVectors LLC
van.parunak at altarum.org  www.newvectors.net/staff/parunakv
v: +1 734 302 4684       f: +1 734 302 4991
NewVectors LLC
3520 Green Court, Suite 300
Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1579