[b-hebrew] Yom in Biblical and Rabbinic Texts

Yigal Levin leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il
Wed Oct 26 08:47:34 EDT 2005

Hi Peter,

This might be getting out of bounds for this list, but that was my point
exactly. Understanding the word "day" in the Creation story in any literal
sense does not work. Once you have to invent "clouds that hid the sun",
you're already adding elements that are not in the text. This is good
midrash, but certainly not a literal understanding of the text.

Yigal