[b-hebrew] phonetic writing, was Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Tue Oct 25 10:15:20 EDT 2005

Peter:

Even if assuming that Randall Buth is correct on Greek
pronunciation, the pronunciations preserved in the LXX,
New Testament (genealogies in Matthew and Luke, as
well as transliterated names), Josephus and possibly
others, not only disagree with each other, but all of them
with the Masoretes. The New Testament, particularly in
the Byzantine tradition, even shows regional differences
in its transliterations. Did you not see the chart that Dr.
Hoffman provided for us? I found it interesting.

Karl W. Randolph.