[b-hebrew] Human Sacrifice - 2 Sam 21

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sat Oct 22 11:43:45 EDT 2005

Jack:

Not all uses of XRM in Hebrew deal with destruction. Not
even always referring to  that which is to be destroyed. For
example, the gold, silver and bronze from Jericho were
XRM in Joshua 6, to be brought to the temple treasury, not
destroyed. Further the deformed individual of the priestly
line was XRM, not allowed to serve in public worship, but
he was not to be killed. Instead he still was to receive
many priesthood perks. In both of these uses there is a
sense of forbidding, not necessarily destruction.

Karl W. Randolph.