[b-hebrew] Initial "Beged Kefet" consonants always have a...

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Wed Oct 19 09:13:36 EDT 2005

On 19/10/2005 13:31, Dr. Joel M. Hoffman wrote:

>Those interersted in the LXX might be interested in Sturtevant's _The
>Pronunciation of Greek and Latin_, which I've added to my reading
>list:
>
>   http://www.exc.com/JoelHoffman/ReadingList.html
>
>It reviews the evidence about the pronunciation of Greek (and Latin),
>though without the benefit of modern linguistics.

Those interested in the LXX might be better served by reading a book
which is not nearly 40 years old and which does have the benefit of
modern linguistics, and of much evidence e.g. in papyri which has been
uncovered relatively recently.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/