[b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Wed Oct 12 08:58:51 EDT 2005

No, you're not wrong. Maybe you should reread the post in the context of the
discussion. We had mentioned a theory of how proto-semitic consisted of only
CV syllables. To which I added the theory that syllables did not contain any
schewa vowels but that they crept in as a metter of laziness in pronunciation.
As the original theoretical proto-semitic contained only CV syllables, where we
see CVCCV must have originally been CVCVCV and so the natural transition
would have been from full vowel to vocal schewa to silent schewa.

I hope this clears up the intentions of my last post.