[b-hebrew] consonant vowel order of )EHYEH & YAHWEH

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Tue Oct 11 17:36:38 EDT 2005

I would add to the cv theory that proto-semitic also likely contained
no schewas but that the schewas crept in as a matter of laziness.

e.g )ehayeh, )eh:yeh (vocal schewa), )ehyeh (silent schewa)

This could also explain and harmonise the contradiction that we see
between scholarly reconstruction 'yahweh' with archaic theophoric components
'yaho'

e.g. yahoweh, yah:weh (vocal schewa), yahweh (silent schewa)