[b-hebrew] Apparently Redundant Letters

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Oct 9 09:03:34 EDT 2005

It is unlikely that sade was 'ts' as the English mind understands this
combination, as in 'watson', as these are two distinct consonant sounds
and hebrew naturally tended away from such consonant clusters.
It is therefore more likely to be similar to the Russian letter 'tse'
which is pronounced as English 'ts' but with the teeth closed rather that
making use of the tongue. This produces a pure sound of one pure consonant
which is almost similar to the English 'ts'.

Vadim, you're good with Russian fonts. Can you post a 'tse' letter so that
readers can see what I'm going on about?