[b-hebrew] Re: Unicode

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue May 17 06:35:46 EDT 2005

On 17/05/2005 03:22, Steve Miller wrote:

>Peter,
>I would like to know how to type Hebrew Unicode in Windows XP.
>thanks!

You can use the Windows built-in Hebrew keyboard, which you can install
from Control Panel. But this is rather difficult to use, unless you are
used to typing in Hebrew and/or have a Hebrew physical keyboard.

But my recommendation is to download the SBL Hebrew package from
http://www.sbl-site.org/Resources/default.aspx. This includes two
alternative keyboarding methods.

In either case, you need to enable right-to-left language support
through Control Panel - Regional and Language Options - Languages. If
you use Microsoft Office, you need to enable Hebrew support for it as
well, thorugh Start - All Programs - Microsoft Office - Microsoft Office
Tools - Microsoft Office Language Settings.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/