[b-hebrew] Four Rivers of Eden - Genesis 2

Heard, Christopher Christopher.Heard at pepperdine.edu
Thu May 12 10:54:49 EDT 2005

On May 12, 2005, at 7:45 AM, <tladatsi at charter.net>
<tladatsi at charter.net> wrote:
> The
> minor detail that the headwaters of these rivers are
> actually many miles apart and do not share a literal common
> source would be known to very few and be of interest to
> even fewer.

Jack: I actually don't think it's a minor point at all, and I thank
you again for making it. Please see my other post on this subject for
why I think the narrator describes an impossible geography on purpose
assuming that readers will know the geography is impossible.

Chris

--
R. Christopher Heard
Assistant Professor of Religion