[b-hebrew] Yahwism (was: their altar)

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Wed Mar 16 13:58:10 EST 2005

On 16/03/2005 18:22, George F Somsel wrote:

>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:59:26 +0000 Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya.org>
>writes:
>

>>On 16/03/2005 17:45, George F Somsel wrote:
>>

>>>On Wed, 16 Mar 2005 17:16:04 +0000 Peter Kirk <peterkirk at qaya.org>
>>>writes:
>>>
>>>Ah, yes, the old "we just haven't found the evidence yet" argument.
>>>

>> What
>>

>>>would you say if we were to dig up the entire country?  We didn't
>>>

>>dig
>>

>>>deep enough?  We're on the wrong side of the Jordon?
>>>

>>I am just holding to the principle of "innocent until proved
>>guilty".
>>And a negative cannot be proved. So what is the positive proof?

>And since it is a negative to say that the Exodus / Conquest may not have
>occurred it can never be proven?  There's nothing like rigging the game,
>is there?

George, as hard as you and others are trying to cast me into the role of
your opponents on this, the role I am playing is that of an impartial
judge, trying to assess both sides of the matter without taking sides.
Both sides have presented a case, but I have so far found both of them
wanting in proper proof. And I don't call arguments from silence proper
proof, from either side.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/