[b-hebrew] Zech 13:5

Karl Randolph kwrandolph at email.com
Sun Jun 26 22:07:46 EDT 2005

Steve:

This is the wrong form for the object of this verb to be also its subject. With a hiphil verb, it is possible that the subject is also an object, but the form here would then be HQNYTYNY, but here we find HQNNY.

I also have trouble squaring the claim that this is Messiah, as the immediate context is dealing with wickedness and false prophets. The wounds mentioned in verse six are consistant with the flagelation that was common among pagan religions.

Karl W. Randolph.