[b-hebrew] Zech 13:5

Steve Miller smille10 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jun 26 19:51:55 EDT 2005

>> On Fri, 24 Jun 2005 00:32:20 -0400 "Steve Miller"
> >
> > Thanks Karl,
> >
> > Building on your translation and on Peter's previous examples of
> > adam & ish
> > used together, I would translate it:
> > And He will say, no prophet am I, I am a noble Man, a servant of the
> > ground,
> > because the lowly of mankind I have been made to purchase from My
> > youth.
> >
> > Servant of the ground signifies the lowly of mankind, whom  He came
> > serve.
> >
> > The price He paid for the purchase is in the next 2 verses, 6-7.
> ________________
> From: "George F Somsel" <gfsomsel at juno.com>
>
> What in the world is that supposed to mean?  I always begin with the
> assumption that the text has meaning, but I see none in your
> "translation."
>
> george
> gfsomsel
> ___________

George,
thanks for asking.
 It means that the Messiah will not come as a prophet. Though noble, He will
 work for a living, and pay the price to redeem mankind.
 The next verse says that He would be wounded in His hands in the house of
 His friends, that is the house of Israel.
 The verse following that says that He is the Shepherd from chapter 11 whom
 God put to death, and who is God's equal.
 -Steve Miller,
 Detroit