[b-hebrew] impure food

Bearpecs at aol.com Bearpecs at aol.com
Wed Jun 15 17:43:14 EDT 2005

In a message dated 6/15/2005 8:46:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time,  liz
fried at umich.edu writes:

I guess  earthenware can be fired but unglazed, and that according to Milgrom
this  is the only type  that need be broken. That must be rabbinic, it’s not
in  the text.
Also, I don’t understand why food that is wet becomes impure.  What about
soup?
They boiled the meat before the ark at  Shiloh.

AFAIK the rabbis disagree with Milgrom and maintain that glazed pottery has
the same law as unglazed pottery.  (At least this is true in regard to laws
of kashrut.)
I'm not sure what you are saying about the food that is wet.  Being  wet
doesn't make it impure.  But if the rules are like those of kashrut, in  some
circumstances being wet can make food more likely to transmit  impurity.