[b-hebrew] impure food

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Wed Jun 15 08:46:07 EDT 2005

Thanks George,

I guess earthenware can be fired but unglazed, and that according to Milgrom

this is the only type  that need be broken. That must be rabbinic, it’s not in the text.

Also, I don’t understand why food that is wet becomes impure. What about soup?

They boiled the meat before the ark at Shiloh.

Lisbeth S. Fried, Ph.D.
Visiting Scholar
The Frankel Center for Judaic Studies
and the Department of Near Eastern Studies
University of Michigan
2068 Frieze Bldg
105 S. State St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1285