[b-hebrew] Excess consonants in the WLC Torah.

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 13:16:46 EDT 2005

Karl Randolph wrote:

> Anyways, because Maqef is not found in archaic Hebrew, I think it
> very easy for there to be disagreement on placement and number of
> Maqefs, I did not consider the total number of Maqefs.

I think Maqqafs denote the absence of a word division where a more
modern division would divide the words.  This is suggested, among
other things, by many places where words separated by a Maqqaf
take only one "accent" for all of them.  If a dot existed in archaic
Hebrew, so did its absence.

Yitzhak Sapir