[b-hebrew] Translating Ezekiel 16:26

kgraham0938 at comcast.net kgraham0938 at comcast.net
Sun Jul 31 14:37:21 EDT 2005

Hey Harold, the problem that I see with 'lovers or paramours' is the relative clause which follows.  Ok, 'she lusted after *their* (masculine plural) lovers. (feminine plural), whose flesh was the flesh of donkeys.

If we translate this as concubine or lovers in the normal sene, then I think we are talking about homosexuality.  If she lusted after the mens lovers (women/concubine).  And that does not make sense.  Then it goes on to say that the lovers had flesh, the flesh of donkeys.

That really does not make sense to me.  How can concubines women have the flesh of a donkey?  That is why I think that PILAG:$"HEM should be translated as genitials or something related to it.

Because she lusted after it, then the relative clause seems to say something futher about it.

--
Kelton Graham
KGRAHAM0938 at comcast.net