[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 29 06:23:48 EDT 2005

IAO is evidently a transliteration of YaHoW which could
well be a shortened form of YaHoWaH (the origianl verb).
Furthermore, this shortened form is well attested in
theophoric components of many hebrew names where it is
reasonably assumed that the correct has been preserved to
the extent that evolution of pronuniciation permits.

Therefore, I find your argument to be weak.