[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Stephen Segall segall at umich.edu
Thu Jul 28 12:12:56 EDT 2005

I don't believe this is correct. The earliest written description of the
Cherokees was by John Adair who did not try to teach the Cherokees, but
simply wrote down what he observed. Later scholars who had studied Adair
believed the only thing that detracted from his accounts was his obsession
with trying to explain to the white population that the Cherokee religion
was of Hebrew origin, which everyone at the time thought was totally
preposterous.