[b-hebrew] masorete pointing v's LLX transliterations

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Sun Jul 24 19:40:45 EDT 2005

Thanx for the answer Rolf. I didn't have an opinion either way. I
just wanted to know other people's thoughts and evidences so that I
could formulate my own opinion after hearing the proofs.

Re: verb forms.
Are you therefore saying that the verbs would be therefore only
perfect and imperfect in aspect with no suggestion of tense? I
thought it was already a well established fact that the hebrews
had no concept of tense in their language.
I have read arguments for a translation of the account of creation
as a series of progressive actions rather than simple past events.
Are you in favour of this mode of translation? Or am I understanding
your comments badly?