[b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

Shoshanna Walker rosewalk at concentric.net
Sat Jul 23 21:54:58 EDT 2005

Yah is another one of G-d's names

Shoshanna

First, I express my appreciation to all who have commented on this  subject.
A lot of good information has been presented, IMO.  Drawing  precise
conclusions from the information has been the difficulty.

One question I did not see addressed -- unless I missed it -- is, why (for
what possible purpose) is the Yah ("Jah") form in the text at all?  Is it a
clue hidden in plain sight?  Is it an anachronism? For example, if the
Tetragram is to be pointed as Yeho-, why do we have Yah (standing
alone) and  -yahu as
a prefix in theophorics?  Is this irrelevant?  Then, why is  it there in the
text at all?  I have no answers, just questions.

This discussion may never be conclusive -- absent the discovery of some  long
hidden, new scroll or somesuch -- but it has been very interesting,  and has
produced a tad more light than heat.

Solomon Landers