[b-hebrew] Aramaic - Abba

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Fri Jul 22 14:39:19 EDT 2005

Of the top of my head the fact that large portions of Daniel
are written in Aramaic show that this shift had began. Also
Jesus use of Aramaic shows it was either used in his day or
he was just using loanwords. And finally, aren't some of the
apocryphal writings after the exile written in a strain of
Aramaic? (I haven't read them and so I'm just going of secondary
sources)