[b-hebrew] yhwh pronunciation

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Tue Jul 19 22:00:30 EDT 2005

On 19/07/2005 17:53, Read, James C wrote:

>I think it is fairly obvious from the context that I was referring to
>the 3rd masculine singular of the imperfect, with the prepended Yodh
>as is normal. If not, my apologies.

Well, this was not obvious, but even this form is not trisyllabic, it is
like YIQTOL which consists of two syllables, like YAHWEH which some
consider to be taken from the 3rd person masculine singular "imperfect"
of the verb HWH.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/