[b-hebrew] Lexicon Recommendations

Karyn Traphagen karyn at birchbarkstudio.com
Sat Dec 10 14:46:52 EST 2005

On Dec 10, 2005, at 2:27 PM, Herman Meester wrote:

> I would not buy BibleWorks, before I'd know you can run it on Mac,
> Linux, BSD or Unix too. I agree with Dave, Köhler/Baumg. is too big to
> carry around. But if you want to carry an MT and a dictionary around
> with you for casual reading, I'd get myself a bilingual one like the
> JPS Hebr/Engl., unless this makes you lazy ;)

I have a Mac and I use Accordance as my Bible software. I have the KB
module and it is very easy to use. I can just triple click on any
Hebrew word in my BHS text and it takes me to the citation for me to
read in its entirety. I can also search KB by Hebrew or Aramaic entry
or content; English title, gloss, or content; I can even search for
scripture references cited or for transliterations. Very helpful.

Karyn Traphagen
Westminster Theological Seminary
Philadelphia