[b-hebrew] nevi

Yitzhak Sapir yitzhaksapir at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 19:22:01 EDT 2005

[I wrote]
> Amos 7:1 So showed me the Lord God, and behold: ycr gby btxlt (lwt hlq$
> Amos 7:4 So showed me the Lord God, and behold: qr) lrb b)$ )dny yhwh
> Amos 7:7 So showed me the Lord God, and behold, )dny yhwh ncb (l xwmt
> )nk wbydw )nk.

Amos 7:7 actually reads:
So [he] showed me, and behold: )dny ncb (l xwmt )nk wbydw )nk

There are some others that may be identified too, such as Amos 9:1:
I saw: adny ncb (l hmzbx

And also 8:1 but 8:1 doesn't appear to follow the "conjunction" form.  In any
case, like I said, these appear to be vague and problematic to interpret due
to the small amount of information we have at hand, even if they are
astronomical sightings.

Yitzhak Sapir