[b-hebrew] Questions about Hebrew Vocabulary Lists, Definitions, and Frequencies

Peter Kirk peterkirk at qaya.org
Mon Aug 22 19:06:11 EDT 2005

On 22/08/2005 23:22, Read, James C wrote:

>I shouldn't worry about copying meanings as long as you don't copy and paste word for word. You can't
>copyright meanings for words, otherwise it would be almost impossible for organisations to compile new dictionaries.
>
>If you would like any help with the project let me know.

BDB is out of copyright, and so you can copy its definitions as much as
you like. There are freely available online editions of BDB. But I would
advise against the "Online Bible" edition which has theologically
motivated changes from the original.

peter at qaya.org (personal)
peterkirk at qaya.org (work)
http://www.qaya.org/