[b-hebrew] 2Sam24:1 subjects

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Wed Aug 10 10:46:21 EDT 2005

Yitzhak wrote:
The problem is not just finding an ambiguous context.  The issue is an
ambiguous context where the (real) agent isn't referenced at all.  In the prior
example you gave (Exodus 2:19-20), Reu'el and Moses ("an Egyptian
man") were both mentioned in the preceding verses (18-19).  So the
ambiguity only involves two agents who are mentioned in the verses.
END QUOTE

Not really! Because the real agent is more likely to be Yah's messenger than Yah himself.