[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 13:56:08 EDT 2005

Vaddim wrote:
> However, I am interested to know how you would view the pronunciation of
IAO. Do you consider it as bisylabic or monosyllabic (as in ciao)?

As I mentioned earlier, in my opinion, Iao is a compoud of the possessive suffixes: 1s, 2ms, 3ms with the meaning "I, thou, you," a society. Final he could be a suffix of result (catav - ctiva).
This sense of the Tetragrammaton, a society, is congruent with my--and seemingly Milgrom's--argument that Judaism is a social ethics wrapped as religion.
END QUOTE

First of all, nobody says 'thou' anymore.
More importantly, though, I am interested to know how you come about such a radical
theory. You must have more reason than a philosophical idea of a society.

How would you account for the forms YaH, YaHu/YaHo with your model?
How would you account for the transliterations IABE, IAOUAI etc.?
Are there any patterns ANE cultures that led you to this hypothesis?
Is there any internal evidence in the TaNaKH which supports your theory?

Security System.