[b-hebrew] YHWH pronunciation

Read, James C K0434995 at kingston.ac.uk
Mon Aug 1 09:29:10 EDT 2005

Both the LXX and the Christian Greek scriptures are filled with them. Every name
which has a 'he' midword in Hebrew has absolutely attempt at rendering such in
the Greek. e.g. IHSOUS, IWANHN etc. The W represents an omega (long 'O') and the
H  represents Eta (various theories on how this was pronounced classical Greek
view is similar to 'air' Koine Greek view is 'eh' as in they)