[b-hebrew] Intermediate Hebrew Books?

Ken Penner pennerkm at mcmaster.ca
Thu Nov 25 09:34:32 EST 2004

For intermediate textbooks, I've seen people use Van der Merwe, Naudé, and
Kroeze’s A Biblical Hebrew Reference Grammar (Sheffield: Continuum, 1999).
I'm not sure I'd recommend it above IBHS (=WOC), for the material IBHS
covers. IBHS does not cover morphology, so it needs to be supplemented by
Joüon-Muraoka (newer) or Gesenius-Kautzsch-Cowley (older).

Ken Penner
McMaster/Hebrew