[b-hebrew] A Reply - WAV question

wattswestmaas wattswestmaas at eircom.net
Sun May 30 06:10:53 EDT 2004

Dear Vadim,

You say some very helpful things but this one comment defies explanation,
My Two children aged 6 and 8 could not speak a word of English 11 months
ago.  THey went straight into an Irish school and after just 4 months were
speaking intelligible English and after 6 months they matched every other 8
year old child's english.  Are there any adults capable of such enormous
feats?

It took me a massive 4 years to speak  Dutch on a level equal to native
speakers AND I HAD TO LEARN GRAMMATICAL RULES AND LEARN HOW TO THINK IN
THEIR GRAMMATICAL WAY.

Hence I appreciate the importance of my own question.

Respectfully yours

Chris.

Chris,

You're talking of the people who wouldn't even understand a notion of
perfect tense. Those were very simple folks. Don't ascribe to them a love to
modern grammar.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny