[b-hebrew] Isaiah 53: oppression?

UUC unikom at paco.net
Wed May 26 15:17:04 EDT 2004

Dear Harold,

I cannot imagine any other name for your exercise than "wild speculation."

Whom else Ps107:39 refers to if not princes?
Where did you find the meaning of otzer as "coercive?"
Why me is instrumental, when its standard meaning is "from"?

>(2) "from [in the sense of "after," see BDB 581]
arrest and judgment."<
Close enough. So you wouldn't defend the "oppression" reading? Good...
BTW, mishpat is not judgment, but the process of judging.

Sincerely,

Vadim Cherny