[b-hebrew] agent or patient in Psa. 33:12?

Lisbeth S. Fried lizfried at umich.edu
Tue May 11 16:37:46 EDT 2004

Dear Michael,
The object chosen is usually in a prepositional
phrase headed by the preposition B-.
bHr takes bet-
Therefore rather than lw, you'd expect bw if God were
the object of the choosing.
Lw refers back to the subject, it is "for himself."
However, in that case, I don't understand why Ha'am isn't preceded
by B-.
Liz Fried
Ann Arbor