[b-hebrew] stuma in Deut 5,21

Raymond de Hoop rdehoop at keyaccess.nl
Mon Mar 1 17:07:55 EST 2004

Shalom,
In addition to my previous posting in which I mentioned that the final
commandment in Exod. 20:17 has halfway an extra setuma in Codex
Leningradensis (in contrast to BHS, which does not list it), it should
be mentioned that this setuma is also listed by Maimonides. Since his
listings generally are thought to be based on the Allepo Codex, this is
an important testimony regarding the consistency of this Masoretic
subdivision.

Cf. Ch. Perrot, “Petuchot et Setumot: Etude sur les Alineas du
Pentateuque”, RB 76 (1969) 50-91;

See also now the listing by J.Oesch (Inssbruck) at the following
web-pages:
http://home.planet.nl/~mckorpel/Assets/pericope_texts/
Parashot_Lists_Oesch/ParListeMaim_1.pdf
http://home.planet.nl/~mckorpel/Assets/pericope_texts/
Parashot_Lists_Oesch/ParListeMaim_2.pdf

Kol Tuv,
Raymond

——————————————————————————
Dr Raymond de Hoop
Lecturer of Classical Hebrew
Faculty of Theology and Religious Studies
University of Groningen
Oude Boteringestraat 38
9712 GK Groningen
+31 503 635 574