[b-hebrew] Ps. 104:12 - (P)YM

George F. Somsel gfsomsel at juno.com
Sun Jun 20 07:54:32 EDT 2004

On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 08:33:55 +0200 "Yigal Levin" <leviny1 at mail.biu.ac.il>
writes:

> [...]

The meaning is "foliage" or "branches."  It is listed as an Aramaic loan
word under (P)YM.  BDB subsumes (f:PiY under (P) in the Aramaic section
and it appears in Dan 4.9, 11, and 18  -- no, that's not a "P" in
parentheses but ayin pe aleph.  There it lacks the aleph and in 4.11 has
a different pl form though it also has a pronominal suffix and is thus in
construct.

gfsomsel